Download HandBrake for Mac and convert DVD to MPEG with this amazing video converter.
What is HandBrake Mac?
HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
This application supports DVDs both protected and unprotected. It also supports VOB and TS. The supported output formats are MP4, MKV, AVI, or OGM, and use the MPEG-4 and H.26 codexes.
If you need to make a DVD copy or convert a video to a format supported by your iPod, one of the best apps to convert it is HandBrake.
- Convert video from nearly any format
- VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (unencrypted — CSS is not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries), BDMV folder (unencrypted), and some .VOB and .TS files
- Any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
- File format: MP4 and MKV
- Video: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264 or Theora (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding)
- Audio: AAC, HE-AAC, AC3, MP3, Vorbis, FLAC (16-bit, 24-bit) or AAC, MP3, AC3, DTS and DTS-HD pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks)
- Miscellaneous features
- Chapter selection
- Soft subtitle support (DVD/VobSub in DVD/MKV/MP4, Blu-ray/PGS in BD/MKV, SRT files, SRT/UTF-8 in MKV, ASS/SSA in MKV, TX3G/3GPP in MP4 – DVD/VobSub, Blu-ray/PGS and ASS/SSA subtitles can also be burned-in the picture)
- Picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
- Grayscale encoding