How to control your Mac fans
- Download and install Macs Fan Control from MacUpdate.
- Launch the app and you will then have access to the fans and be able to see the temperatures of the components inside your Mac.
- Under “Control” click “Custom” and you can then use a slider to change the fan control on your Mac”.
Macs Fan Control allows you to monitor and control almost any aspect of your computer’s fans, with support for controlling fan speed, temperature sensors pane, menu-bar icon, and autostart with system option.
- Software solution to noise problems such as those caused by iMac HDD replacement, or overheating problems like those found on a MacBook Pro
- Set any constant value to any fan (e.g., minimum)
- Control fan speed in relation to a temperature sensor (e.g., 3rd party HDD)
- Real-time monitoring of Mac’s fans speed and temperature sensors including 3rd party HDD/SSD (using S.M.A.R.T.)
- Custom fan preset (in Pro version)
- Configurable menu bar icon
- Compatible with OS X 10.14 Mojave or later (version for OS X 10.6, 10.7-10.13 is available separately )
Tagged:how to use macs fan control, macs fan control, macs fan control el capitan, macs fan control review, macs fan control settings imac